Daily Blessing






Previous Posts
A silly story that I wrote and Mom insisted that I...
Happy birthday Abigail!
Who likes Shakespeare?
sleepwalking
my new blog and other things
What I read in my bible today
What I got for Christmas
awwwwwww
And here is Lydia. This picture was taken much ear...
This is Bonna's younger sister Loly (pronounced lo...


Homeschooling Kids





My Families blogs
  • Grandpa
  • My Dad's Blog
  • My Mom's Blog
  • Kaitlyn
  • Grandma




  • Archives
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007
    Story: prologue
    Christopher was running, gasping and half-crazed with fear. He fell to the ground, tripped by a plank in the road and lay there without the will or the strength to get up, as fear and sorrow leeched them both away.
    As he lay there trying to scream, someone grabbed his arm and started running, pulling him along. He looked up and saw his father! Then a new sound assailed him. He looked back and saw the King's Guard chasing them. He could hear their boots pounding the worn pavement, their bloodstained sabres slapping and clanking in their sheaths.
    Now he screamed and a strength he never knew he had surged through him. His father pulled him into an alley and after several sharp turns he dodged into a deserted shack. As they climbed up into the loft they heard the Guard searching, their voices muffled by the smog and thick night air.
    "Christopher!" his father was saying, "I most likely will not live through this night." Christopher could not find words to voice his sorrow so his father went on. "Pay attention! Take this letter and this box." With that he handed Christopher a small puzzle box and a sealed envelope. "But Christopher," his father said, "if these fall into the hands of Count Damien you are doomed."
    As he started to say something else they heard a shot. Christopher's father slumped over dead.

      posted at 9:06 AM
      11 comments



    11 Comments:
    At 7:06 AM, March 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I must say I'm very impressed. You've got me hooked. :) I'll be visiting back to see what happens next! Well done.

     
    At 8:19 AM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Roberta said...

    Gripping...I'll be back as well, you have drawn me in.
    Great writing, better than I remember from my college writing class.

     
    At 9:09 AM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Laura said...

    Wow!!

    I read this out loud to my older boys, aged 13, 12, and 8. They are looking forward to hearing more, just like I am.

    Well done.

     
    At 12:17 PM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

    A captivating story - which has intrigue and excitement.

    Eager to find out more.

    Congratulations to both you and your sister - a splendid piece of writing that has captured my imagination.

     
    At 7:42 PM, March 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fantastic prologue to your story girls.
    Looking forward to reading it as it is posted.
    Mel

     
    At 7:02 AM, March 16, 2007, Blogger Mom2fur said...

    I'm beyond impressed. If this is how you're writing at this young age...well, I can't even imagine what you'll be doing when you grow up! You've hooked your reader from the beginning. I'm a published author myself, and I think this is great! I'm looking forward to more!

     
    At 5:04 PM, March 18, 2007, Blogger WTF GERARD WAY said...

    Hey! This is Emily!(Your sister Kaitlyns penpal!) I just wanted to say hi! :-)

     
    At 9:16 PM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    brilliant =)

     
    At 6:54 AM, March 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the story.I am looking forward to more.I am also writing one myself.

     
    At 4:16 AM, March 24, 2007, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

    Just a wee poem - as a little treat
    for your sponsored walk.

    Title: Smelly People

    Uncle Oswald smells of tobacco
    Aunt Agatha smells of rope
    Cousin Darren smells of aeroplane glue.
    Cousin Tracey smells of soap.

    My mum smells of garlic and cabbage.
    My dad smells of cups of tea.
    My baby sister smells of sick
    and my brother of TCP.

    Our classroom smells of stinky socks.
    Our teacher smells of Old Spice.
    I wonder what I smell of?
    I'll just have a sniff...
    Hmmm...quite nice.

    By Roger Stevens

     
    At 7:58 AM, January 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great writing, girls! Very impressive.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    About Me
    Name: Deanna
    Location:: Rural Texas, USA

    I am a christian homeshooled 13 year old with 6 sisters and 1 brother,1 rabbit and about 1/10 ownership rights to a golden retriever named Lady. As the title of this blog implies we live in a house that we built ourselves with the help of some Uncles, and some cousins.

    View My Whole Profile