Daily Blessing






Previous Posts
Only a Dad
A wonderful Mother
My sister-aunt Abigail and several memoirs of my y...
These are a few of my favorite things...
Thanksgiving church service
We the undersignedThe harassed occupants of the be...
This is my all time favorite painting that is done...
Faerie
My favorite Animal
My favorite mythical creature


Homeschooling Kids





My Families blogs
  • Grandpa
  • My Dad's Blog
  • My Mom's Blog
  • Kaitlyn
  • Grandma




  • Archives
    Tuesday, April 11, 2006
    Knock! Knock! Knock! Came the sound on Alexandra's bedroom door. She grimaced. That would probably be her Dad ready to very loudly and very off-keyedly serenade, sing, implore, and command her to get up! "Mmph!" she grunted. She was not ready to be woken up yet. But it was her Mom, "Hey wake up Alex! Arise your soul arise." Alexandra sighed, lay there with her eyes closed for a minute, then she sat up and got up. Later that day she sighed again. She was not ready to give her speech at the Wishing Club presidential meeting. Once every 6 months the Wishing Club elected a new president, vice president, and secretary. (which she found amusing considering the people in the club were ages 10-13 + there was thirteen club members). "Oh well", she said to herself, "There's no going back now!" Once up on stage (3 wooden crates put side-by side, + 5 stacked up to make a podium) she cleared her throat into the soda bottles that served as amplifiers and said, "This term I have found a couple of wishes in the wishing box which I find funny. Would you like me to read them?" "Yes!" everybody shouted.(obviously eager to hear). Pausing dramatically she plunged her hand into the wish-box. "OK here is one from Tiffany Sawyer, March 9, 2006. Ahem." she cleared her throat again and read, "I wish that I had a pink 20 passenger seat limousine with a Jacuzzi and a TV." Alexandra stopped reading and looked up in time to see everybody in the clubhouse roar with laughter. She smiled and held up her hand for silence and they quieted down. "Thank you, thank you, but let's save your energy for the rest, shall we? Now this one was by Diana Montoya on April 4, 2006. "I wish that I had a green Unicorn. I would ride him all over the world in a couple of minutes." Again the gales of helpless roaring and again she held up her hand and the roaring subsided into scattered titters and giggles "Now one more by Meredith Peters "I wish that i had a wand that made peple see things from my point of view when I pointed it at them" .after reading a few more wishes Alexandra finished her speech and at the conclusion was heavily applauded.By the time all the club members who hadn't volunteered to stay and help clean up had gotten most of the soil out of their hair (from rolling around in helpless laughter) and gone home, Alexandra had changed out of her new lavender silk dress and into, a green tank top and some shorts (she had volunteered to stay and help clean up and put away the crates and folding chairs) and once they were done the vote-counters walked up to her and said: "Congratulations on all the applause you got but... we're afraid that you didn't win the campaign". Alexandra stood up and blinked a couple of times and said "Thank you for telling me. I am not very disappointed.I suppose I didn't really expect to win... but give my congratulations to the new president " With that she flipped a strand of honey blonde hair over her shoulder, turned and walked home wondering if she would have even enjoyed being president.

      posted at 4:39 PM
      0 comments



    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    About Me
    Name: Deanna
    Location:: Rural Texas, USA

    I am a christian homeshooled 13 year old with 6 sisters and 1 brother,1 rabbit and about 1/10 ownership rights to a golden retriever named Lady. As the title of this blog implies we live in a house that we built ourselves with the help of some Uncles, and some cousins.

    View My Whole Profile