Daily Blessing






Previous Posts
Poetry
Knock! Knock! Knock! Came the sound on Alexandra's...
Only a Dad
A wonderful Mother
My sister-aunt Abigail and several memoirs of my y...
These are a few of my favorite things...
Thanksgiving church service
We the undersignedThe harassed occupants of the be...
This is my all time favorite painting that is done...
Faerie


Homeschooling Kids





My Families blogs
  • Grandpa
  • My Dad's Blog
  • My Mom's Blog
  • Kaitlyn
  • Grandma




  • Archives
    Wednesday, April 26, 2006
    More Poetry
    Gather ye Roses

    Gather ye roses while ye may,
    Old time is still a-flying;
    A world where beauty fleets away
    Is no world for denying.
    Come lads and Lasses, fall to play
    Lose no more time in sighing.

    The very flowers you pluck to-day
    Tomorrow will be dying;
    And all the flowers are crying,
    And all the leaves have tongues to say,-
    Gather ye roses while ye may.

    by Robert Louis Stevenson

    I chose this one because it reminds me of a spoof that someone did of it:

    Gather kittens while ye may,
    Time brings only sorrow;
    And the kittens of today
    will be old cats tomorrow

      posted at 10:41 AM
      1 comments



    1 Comments:
    At 12:47 PM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

    You made a wise choice in Robert Louis Stevenson - a writer still a favourite - here in Scotland.

    May you aspire through your writings.

    Every good wishes and blessings to you and your family from Scotland.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    About Me
    Name: Deanna
    Location:: Rural Texas, USA

    I am a christian homeshooled 13 year old with 6 sisters and 1 brother,1 rabbit and about 1/10 ownership rights to a golden retriever named Lady. As the title of this blog implies we live in a house that we built ourselves with the help of some Uncles, and some cousins.

    View My Whole Profile