Daily Blessing






Previous Posts
Knock! Knock! Knock! Came the sound on Alexandra's...
Only a Dad
A wonderful Mother
My sister-aunt Abigail and several memoirs of my y...
These are a few of my favorite things...
Thanksgiving church service
We the undersignedThe harassed occupants of the be...
This is my all time favorite painting that is done...
Faerie
My favorite Animal


Homeschooling Kids





My Families blogs
  • Grandpa
  • My Dad's Blog
  • My Mom's Blog
  • Kaitlyn
  • Grandma




  • Archives
    Wednesday, April 26, 2006
    Poetry
    I love poetry so I think that I'll post some every once in a while.
    What really grabbed me was the part about the beloved books,
    I think that I like whoever wrote this!

    Home

    Home!
    My very heart's desire is safe
    within thy walls;
    The voices of my loved ones, friends who come,
    My treasured books that rest in niche serene,
    All make more dear to me thy haven sweet.
    Nor do my feet
    desire to wander out except that
    they may have the glad return at eventide-
    Dear Home

    Home! my very heart's contentment lies within thy walls.
    No worldly calls hath power to turn my eyes
    in longing from
    thy quietness. Each morn
    when I go forth upon the duties of
    the day
    I wend my way
    content to know that eve will bring me
    safely to thy walls again.
    Dear Home.

    by Nellie Womack Hines

      posted at 9:34 AM
      0 comments



    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    About Me
    Name: Deanna
    Location:: Rural Texas, USA

    I am a christian homeshooled 13 year old with 6 sisters and 1 brother,1 rabbit and about 1/10 ownership rights to a golden retriever named Lady. As the title of this blog implies we live in a house that we built ourselves with the help of some Uncles, and some cousins.

    View My Whole Profile